A roof is one of the most important parts of your property. Keeping it in the best condition possible is important for the protection of your home and everything you own inside your home.
It can be a daunting task to choose a roofing contractor in Ellisville or Ballwin, but when you are ready to replace an old roof, build a new roof, or repair defects in your existing roof, follow these steps to select a qualified roofer.
1) Check for a permanent place of business, telephone number, tax identification number and where applicable, a business license.
2) Don’t hesitate to ask a roofing contractor for proof of insurance. In fact, insist on seeing copies of his liability coverage and workers’ compensation certificates. Make sure the coverage is in effect through the duration of the job. If a contractor is not properly insured, you may be liable for accidents that occur on your property.
3) Look for a company with a good reputation that offers client references and a list of completed projects. Call these clients to find out whether they were satisfied. You also can check with the local BBB to make sure the company is in good standing.
4) Insist on a detailed, written proposal and examine it for complete descriptions of the work and specifications, including approximate starting and completion dates and payment procedures.
5) Have the contractor explain his project supervision and quality control procedures. Request the name of the person who will be in charge of your project, how many workers will be required and estimated completion time.
6) Contact the Better Business Bureau to check for possible complaints filed against the contractor.
7) Carefully read and understand any roofing warranties offered, and watch for provisions that would void it.
8) Keep a healthy skepticism about the lowest bid. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Many fly-by-night contractors’ below-cost bids seem attractive, but these contractors often are uninsured and perform substandard work. Remember, price is only one of the criteria for selecting a roofing contractor. Professionalism, experience, and quality workmanship should weigh heavily in your decision, because these qualities do not come cheap.
At Absolute Exteriors, we meet or exceed all of these requirements and look forward to working with you on your roofing project. We are hardworking, honest, reliable, and provide affordable roofing solutions. Give us a call today.